A trampoline for new creation in two jumps - the initial sketch worked on with the musicians that preceded the confirmation of the work's creation. These four creations mix with an early work by the now prominent artist, Michael Jarrell.
- Leilei Tian Burning Rose, commissioned by IRCAM and the Ensemble intercontemporain, World Premiere* (15')
- Michael Jarrell Trei II, for soprano and five instruments (15')
- Matthias Krüger Vier Stücke, for orchestra, commissioned by IRCAM and the Ensemble intercontemporain, World Premiere* (15')
- Valerio Murat Visez au cœur !!! (Sauvez la face), for ensemble and band, commissioned by IRCAM and the Ensemble intercontemporain, World Premiere* (15')
- Jonathan Pontier (De)fragmentations on Bob Dylan, for voice, computer, flute, clarinet, trombone, harp, and cello, commissioned by the Ensemble intercontemporain, World Premiere (15')
Claron McFadden, soprano | Emmanuelle Ophèle, flute | Alain Billard, clarinet | Benny Sluchin, trombone | Frédérique Cambreling, harp | Éric-Maria Couturier, cello | Jonathan Pontier, laptop computer | Ensemble intercontemporain | Conducted by Susanna Mälkki | IRCAM Computer Music Production Thomas Goepfer
*World premieres by composers selected by during the 2006 reading committee juried by the Ensemble intercontemporain and IRCAM.
An IRCAM-Centre Pompidou, Ensemble intercontemporain coproduction. With the support of Pro Helvetia, fondation suisse pour la culture and Sacem.
Photos: Michael Jarrell, Jonathan Pontier, Leilei Tian
Friday, June 22, 8:30pm / IRCAM, Espace de projection